Good Evening!

As quick as a flash another week has flown by in Class 4, incredibly the children have not ceased in their determination to expand upon their prior learning. To give a brief overview, we have continued with our work on Place Value in maths and the children have shown envious levels of resilience when faced with difficult tasks. In English we have commenced writing our letters and I am very impressed with the work that has been completed thus far, many children have been able to transport the reader back to 1939 with their touching letters home.

In our science lessons we have been looking carefully at human development, this week we have focused on data relating to the growth of babies. Applying scientific and maths skills the children have been able to produce graphs to make observations about growth.

Today in art we have taken tentative steps towards producing self-portraits. We will develop our drawing skills over the coming weeks, culminating in a fabulous Blackout themed piece of art. Additionally, I have had the pleasure of taking part in my first Harvest festival at Brandesburton, it was lovely to see so many of you in attendance and to watch Class 4 perform so wonderfully. I look forward to seeing you all in the near future for further community events.

Finally, a special mention to all of the children who attended art club this evening, the children produced stunning pieces of work inspired by Joan Miró and last but not least I feel that special praise should go to the children this week for all the hard work that they have carried out on their homework, the Anderson Shelter cakes were yummy (future bake off contestants in the making), the models fit for Grand Designs and fact laden information sheets, well done!

Once again, I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Mr Mallison

PS, I am soooooooooooooooooo excited about going to Eden Camp next week!

As quick as a flash