Good Morning Class 4! I hope I find you well today and that you are all ready for your second full week of home-learning. You are all doing really well and it has been great receiving all of your fantastic work!

Fingers crossed we will not face the IT problems that we did on Friday!

This week sees more videos created by myself in addition to videos from whiterose and the national academy based upon the positive feedback that we have received.

Summary of Today’s Tasks

1. Guided Reading.
  2. GPS
  3. English /Computing
  4. Mini-maths
  5. Theme

Guided Reading

I have battled the technological demons and now have the second installment of chapter 11 recorded. Please watch the video from the link below (remembering to click on the CC logo) and then answers the questions below in full sentences. I apologise about the slow talking and gaps, still getting used to the technology!

Submitting your work: You can either write out on paper (don’t forget the date and I can statement or you can type up on the notepad feature on seesaw – My preferred option.

GPS

Today in your GPS session we are going to have a recap on relative pronouns. Some of you might remember these from when we looked at it in school. Don’t worry that we have covered this in school previously, I want you to have a recap today so that you can use relative clauses in your non-chronological report and we would have carried out a recap in school too!

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-relative-pronouns-74v62c

Submitting your work: If you would like to share the work that you have completed in this task you can do using seesaw, take a picture of any writing or type up your work using the notepad.

English

Today’s English lesson is about improving a dull NCR.

I have created a video lesson for you to watch (I apologise for the sound quality and slow pace, I am learning a new skill of online teaching/vlogging and hopeful the content will improve as I become more confident). I have attached supporting materials below the video.

Submission: Please write your improved version on either paper or the notepad on seesaw (preferred option).

Supporting materials:

Parents/Adults at home: Please, please, please give me a little feedback about the videos, I am learning, but would love to know anything I could do to improve them…be gentle! Constructive criticism please.

Mini-maths

Theme

Please check out the video below for instructions and information for the task (note: since uploading the video I have discovered that I have some how chopped off the first 30 secs whilst editing, don’t worry you have not missed anything its just me reading the lesson objective, I can identify the locations of Saxon Kingdoms and settlements):

I’ve had reports that the video is not showing up on some devices. If this is the case you can copy and paste this link into a web browser to view the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo4dH271xxs&feature=youtu.be

Activity: Complete the map on seesaw using the information from the video.

Computing

In our computing lesson today we are going to apply the skills learnt in the last IT lesson regarding font sizes and styles to create a newspaper about the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain. Please watch the video below up to 2.28 (no further).

Task: Using the information from my video and the horrible histories video I would like you to create a newspaper report about the Anglo-Saxon invasion, using the 2do on Purple Mash If you have any problems accessing this 2do simply search for Blank Newspaper on Purple Mash. Also remember to import suitable images using the plus symbol on the template.

Home-Learning – Monday 18th January