Good Morning Class 4, I hope I find you all well this morning.

I hope you all had a suitably relaxing weekend and that you are all ready for the new week.

Summary of Today’s Tasks

1. English inc GPS
  2. Computing
  3. Theme

English

GPS

Today we are going to spend some time learning about relative clauses, for some of your this may be more of a revision session, however it is always important to recap upon what we know and assess as to whether we could use these skills in our writing. Please follow the link below:

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-relative-clauses-6xjp4c

Main

Following on from feedback regarding the resource that I posted from the Oakwood National Academy, I have decided to take a different route with our unit on Beowulf. Therefore to begin with I feel we should explore who Beowulf is to begin with. Please watch the PowerPoint below. You will need to pause it on each new slide to read the information.

After you have watched the video, I would like you to create a story map to retell the events. I have borrowed an example used by Mrs Altoft.

Computing

Our computing unit this half-term has been based around writing for different purposes.On Purple Mash I have set you a 2Do which will allow you to display your learning in relation to Beowulf as well as show off the varying different writing techniques that you have been learning about in GPS. I would like you to use the 2Do to retell the story of Beowulf in your own words. Think very carefully about sentence openers, expanded-noun phrases and clauses.

Theme

Last week we spent some time learning about how Anglo-Saxons lived and then you created your very own Anglo-Saxon villages. I would now like you to imagine that you are advertising for new settlers to join you in your village. Each Anglo-Saxon had their own job to carryout therefore I would like you to create a job advertisement. Think carefully about the qualities you would need and the skills needed in order to be able to do the job properly. The downloadable sheet is available below in both PDF and word. It is also available on seesaw.

Home-Learning: Monday 1st February