Spelling

List 1 (Year 4/Optional Year 5)List 2 (Year 5)
Words ending with the /g/ sound spelt – gue and the /k/ sound spelt -queWords containing the letter string ‘ough’
league
tongue
antique
unique
fatigue
intrigue
rogue
vague
opaque
plaque
through
thorough
borough
enough
bough
though
although
dough
thoroughness
ought  

English

I have been amazed with the fantastic writing Class 4 have produced this week. The children’s language choices, sentence structure and attention to detail have made for some very interesting reads.

‘They heard her singing voice, therefore I predict they will follow the mermaid.’ – Georgina

‘He always makes up stories, therefore I predict no one will believe Zachy.’ – Jacob

”Your beautiful eyes have caught mine. Don’t worry about me not loving you. I have always noticed you since the day I met you.’ – Lottie

I have also enjoyed reading all your stories and research about Mermaids. Keep up the good work Class 4, as you are making me very proud.

This week’s home work is to extend simple sentences by adding adverbs, adjectives and further information to make the sentences more interesting.

Please see sheet sent home.

Mathematics

Please continue to complete some of the multiplication and division activities available on Purple Mash and practise your times tables on TT Rock Stars. Remember to challenge yourself!!

I have also added this week’s starters below.

Stonehenge

This week we have been generating lots of discussion around the most famous cromlech in the UK, Stonehenge. I thought it would be fun to set a bit of a challenge over this half term, linked to this popular landmark.

I would like you to lead you our learning around this. You might:

• create your own model version (You could use pebbles from a visit to the coast)
  • research how it got there
  • explore techniques used to lift heavy stones
  • explore the strength of similar structures

The possibilities are endless, so I look forward to seeing where your learning takes you.

Below is a useful website to find out more about Stonehenge.

https://school-learningzone.co.uk/key_stage_two/ks2_history/british_history_/pre_historic_britain/stonehenge.html

Homework 21.1.22