Another good week for year 5 this week. We have been all steam ahead this week with year 5 completing a lot of work. Our reading percentage has fallen slightly this week with a score of 80%, I would really like to see us get 100% next week to bounce back from this. Also as a class I would love for us to partake in the Brandesburton Bake off, this is on the 11th of March and it is to bake a cake relating to your favourtie book. It is £4 to enter and this is paid through parent pay. also our spellings last week were not the best they have been, can we really try and push them this week.

Spellings

hesitancy

truancy

accountancy

discrepancy

infancy

vacancy

buoyancy

tenancy

compliancy

occupancy

Homework

As we are getting closer to year 6 one thing I would love the children to work on is their reasoning in maths. We are amazing at arithmetic but our reasoning is not on the same level. Therefore I have given the children a reasoning paper, this paper will only take 20 minutes.

Also could the children please complete 30 minutes on Timestable Rockstar’s this will be done every Wednesday. This is to help them in our math’s currently, this is working amazingly and I can already see improvements on this.

If there are any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me on trotta@brandesburton.eroding.net 

Many Thanks,

Mr Trott,

Week 21 – Recap