Good Morning Class 4,

I hope I find you well this morning. Unfortunately, I bring bad news this morning. Today we will not be having Mr Mallison’s video recordings, however do not despair, the video recordings will be returning tomorrow as usual.

Summary of Today’s Tasks

1. Guided Reading.
  2. GPS
  3. Maths
  4. Theme
  5. PE

Guided Reading

Today sees a return of our work on The Boy at the Back of the Class, we will be answering questions based on chapter 13. Please watch the video from the link below (remembering to click on the CC logo) and then answers the questions below in full sentences.

Submitting your work: You can either write out on paper (don’t forget the date and I can statement or you can type up on the notepad feature on seesaw – My preferred option.

GPS

Today marks the start of a new unit in our GPS sessions; Punctuation. We will begin the unit by exploring the function of apostrophes.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-the-function-of-apostrophes-70up2d

Submitting your work: If you would like to share the work that you have completed in this task you can do using seesaw, take a picture of any writing or type up your work using the notepad. Please ensure your work has the date and subject area written clearly at the top e.g. Tuesday 19th January – Fronted Adverbials.

Maths

Once again for maths we are going to split into our separate year groups for maths:

Year 4: Multiply two digits by 1 digit.

Step 1: Watch the video below (pause the video to solve the questions/complete any tasks):

Step 2: Complete the work sheet that is on seesaw.

Year 5: Multiply 4 digits by two digits.

Theme

Due to me not being able to produce videos for the blog. I have decided that we should pause the intended path for theme and today we are going to carry out a creative task. I would like you to design and build an Anglo-Saxon shield (please keep hold of them because I intend for us to use them in school when we get back in).

Anglo Saxon Weapons | Anglo Saxon Shield | DK Find Out

Step 1 – To start we need to create a design for our shield. Here is an example sheet that you could used to create your design on. If you want to you can print it off, but if you don’t have the ability to print do not worry you could simply draw around something round on a sheet of paper to create your design. Before starting your design I would like you to carry out a search online to see other people’s designs for inspiration.

Making the Past: Anglo-Saxon & Norman Shields | Hampshire Cultural Trust

Step 2

Now that you have completed your design you now need to create your shield. There is not a set manner in which to do this, however I have provided links to some guides below:

Please note the websites may detail resources that they say you need to buy, I do not expect you to make any purchases, simply use any crafting materials/resources that you already have at home.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Viking-Shield

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/ideas/kids/how-to-make-a-viking-shield

PE

Home-Learning – Thursday 21st January