The children have been amazing this week and can not sing their praises enough! so well done year 5! We achieved a reading score of 92% which is amazing and hopefully we beat it this week!

I would just like to say a huge well done to year 5 as I received every piece of homework back before the deadline last week and the standard of work was incredibly good!

The spellings for the children next week are:

Redecorate
Mention
Position
Weather
Whether
obvious
Completion
Mountainous
Tongue
Scheme

Homework

This week there are two pieces of homework. This homework is to finish the set of instructions about “how to wash a wooly mammoth”. This should be no longer than 12 steps and should be no less than 10, this should be back in school for Monday as we will be writing this up in neat. Class 4 have had this work for 2 days so there shouldn’t be much left to finish. I have also given a math sheet for the children to have a go at, this can be in at any point next week.

Our class reading book “The Wild Way Home” has amazed class 4 so far and we cant wait to read more! I thought it would look nice for our display board if we could get a photo of the children “reading” it somewhere different over the weekend so if you would like to do that and send it over to my e-mail trotta@brandesburton.eriding.net that would be amazing.

I will be posting on Twitter every week showing what we have been up to and what peoples work looks like so feel free to have a look.

Many thanks,

Mr. Trott

Week 2 – Recap