A great week with year 5 this week! A lot of writing and a lot of hard work! Our reading percentage was really good again with a score of 92%. I had 20 out of 24 children complete 20 minutes on Timestable Rockstar’s too which was an amazing effort from everyone!

We are in full flow next week as the children will be completing their suspense starters in English. Learning more about the Maya and how their society worked.

I would really like to push the reading at home also. It is amazing to see the improvement of the children’s reading when this is being completed week in week out and it really puts a smile on their faces in the classroom ( maybe not so much at home! )

Spellings this week:

especially

neighbour

determined

accommodate

interfere

committee

apparent

harass

aggressive

communicate

Homework

As we have moved away from fractions in maths we have now begun our second visit of multiplication and division. I have sent a list home with the children of multiplications I would like them to try out using our “column method”. This will be due in Tuesday. Also for maths could the children please complete 25 minutes on Timestable Rockstar’s this will be done every Wednesday.

If there are any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me on trotta@brandesburton.eroding.net 

Many Thanks,

Mr Trott,

Week 17 – Recap