Good Morning Class 4! I hope you are all well this morning. I am very much looking forward to today’s activities and can’t wait to see your responses.

Today we will be:

Summary of Today’s Tasks

1. Guided Reading.
  2. GPS
  3. Maths
  4. Art
  5. Music

Guided Reading

Once again I have recorded myself reading the book, chapter 14 this time. Please watch the video from the link below (remembering to click on the CC logo) and then answers the questions below in full sentences.

GPS

Today in our GPS session, we are going to be learning about simple past, present and future tense. Please follow the link below for your lesson:

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-practise-using-simple-past-present-and-future-tense-c5hp2c

Submitting your work: If you would like to share the work that you have completed in this task you can do using seesaw, take a picture of any writing or type up your work using the notepad. Please ensure your work has the date and subject area written clearly at the top e.g. Tuesday 19th January – Fronted Adverbials.

Maths

Once again for maths we are going to split into our separate year groups:

Year 4: Multiply 3 digits by 1 digit.

Step 1: Watch the video below (pause the video to solve the questions/complete any tasks):

Step 2: Complete the work sheet that is on seesaw.

Year 5: Revise Dividing 4 digits by 1 digit.

To remind ourselves as to how we divide using a formal written method.

Step 1: watch the video below and complete any tasks that you are instructed to.

Art:

I was so pleased with your research sheets last week on Antony Gormley and your salt-dough sculptures from the previous week. We are at the moment however going to press the pause button and come back to this when we return to school as the next step that I want us to take is to use clay to create a sculpture.

Therefore we are refocusing our efforts on broaches this week, do not worry if you have had a go at creating one using salt-dough as this is a different medium and we will be refining our skills. A special thank you must go out to Mrs Altoft who shared this fantastic resource with me. Please watch the video below for details of your activity, I have also included a copy of the pdf that I talk about in the video UPDATE: Unfortunately the PDF will not upload/is being problematic, however you will be able to find all of the information that you need in the video.

Music

Today we will be continuing our work on duration, but before I post the task, I would just like to say how happy it makes me when I receive videos of you all completing the music lessons, it is so refreshing to see you continuing with your music learning and having lots of fun, I’ve even seen special guest appearances from grandma and granddad as well as the odd dog.

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/to-explore-on-and-off-beats-in-different-musical-styles-chj32c

Home-Learning Tuesday 26th January