Good Morning Class 4. I hope I find you all well this morning. Please see your activities below for a fun filled day of learning.

Summary of Today’s Tasks

1. Guided Reading.
  2. English
  3. Mini-Maths
  4. Well-Being
  5. French
  6. Science – Task to follow later in the morning due to a technical glitch.

Guided Reading

Today sees a return to our non-fiction work. I have really enjoyed reading your responses on both the Lake District and the Anglo-Saxons. Please watch the video below and then complete the activities found on seesaw. I haven’t included a copy of the document on the blog as I am having problems uploading certain PDF documents and images. However I have posted a copy with the question sheet on Seesaw.

English

Today we are starting a brand-new English unit that combines epic poetry and Beowulf. I don’t want to give too much away at the moment, but Beowulf has origins in Anglo-Saxon folk law. This English unit is one that I have sourced from the National Academy, I hope you enjoy the unit and I am very much looking forward to seeing your work.

Please follow the link below to access the lesson:

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/introduction-to-epic-poetry-68u3gc

Submitting your work: Please submit your work using Seesaw, posting into the Home-Learning folder. Remember to include a date and a suitable title.

Mini-Maths

Please see your mini-maths activities below. Remember the first of the two will always be a little easier, but you must ensure that you read all of the information and answer each question in detail. On the second task ignore the request to have a go at the Button up task first.

Well-Being

For your Well-Being Wednesday task this week I would like us all to consider carefully about turning negative thoughts into positive thoughts. We all have negative thoughts at times and we need to try our very best to try and convert these to positive thinking. For your activity I would like you to read through the document that I have posted onto Seesaw and see if you can convert the negative sentiment into a positive. After you have converted the pre-written negative statements, see if you can come up with your own on third page.

French

Once again Mrs Platten has been very kind to us and created a French session for us, which I personally think is amazing, her French pronunciation is fantastic. Please see the details below:

How did you get on with learning the names for pet animals last week? Feeling confident?

Today you are going to watch a short video story. It is a modern twist on the Aesop’s fable The Tortoise and the Hare which I’m sure most of you will be familiar with. In French it is called Le liėvre et la tortue.

You won’t recognise all of the vocabulary but have a look at this clip which will give you the key vocabulary and English translation.

Pause the clip after the first slide and watch the story video below. Then  you can return to the vocabulary clip to hear your task explained on the second slide.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z2hqxnb

Did you go back and play the second slide on the vocabulary clip? If so you will know that your task is to look at the pictures from the story and sequence them. There is a template on Seesaw for this so you don’t have to download and print the sheet if you don’t want to.

Challenge activity: Can you add the correct captions (in French?) to the pictures? There is a second template on Seesaw which will show you the correct sequence for the pictures but the captions are now mixed up! (Don’t peek until you have completed the first activity!) Can you rearrange them? You can refer back to the vocabulary snip and the story video to help you, pausing each one when you need to.

As a further challenge you could also draw your own storyboard template (or download the template if you do wish to print one), write out the captions and then do your own illustrations.

Finally there is a word search for you to do based on the video story. As an extension you could write the English translations for all the words that you find using the vocabulary clip to help you.

Bonne chance!

Science

Due to a technical glitch your science lesson for today will be posted later in the morning.

Home-Learning: Wednesday 27th January